Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?
Our main office is located at 100 Strowger Blvd., Suite 102, Brockville, ON.
What area do you serve?
We provide services to individuals who reside in the counties of Leeds and Grenville
What are your office hours?
Our regular office hours are 8:30 to 4:30.  We do try to be flexible to meet your needs.  Our groups are usually held in the evenings.
How do I make an appointment?
You can call the office directly at 613-345-3881 or toll free at 1-800-567-7415 to complete a referral. You can also complete a referral form and send to bgharcc@brockvillegeneralhospital.ca or fax to 613-345-0770. 
Is there a waiting list?
If you are a recent victim of sexual assault or domestic violence we will see you immediately through Brockville General Hospital’s Emergency Department. For counselling we will try to see you within 2-3 weeks. Due to the popularity of our women’s groups there may be a wait list. Call early to register.
Is there a cost for your services?
Our services are free and completely confidential. We are funded through the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Community, Family and Children’s Services.
Who can refer me to your services?
You or a family member can make a referral. Your Doctor or any service provider can also make a referral on your behalf. Call 613-345-3881 or 1-800-567-7415 to speak to someone directly. You can also complete a referral form and send to bgharcc@brockvillegeneralhospital.ca or fax to 613-345-0770.
Do you work with men?
Yes. We provide services to men who have been recent or historical victims of sexual assault and or domestic violence. We also offer men's support groups throughout the year, visit the support group page for more information.
Do you work with children?
Yes.  We provide counselling services to children.  If your child is 14 and under and requires a medical examination we will refer them to a specialized paediatric team with one of our community partners at Kingston General Hospital or Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
I was sexually abused as a child. Can I use your services now?
Yes. The majority of our referrals for counselling are individuals who were sexually abused as children.
Do you have student placements or volunteers?
Yes. Any male or female can volunteer with our Community Advisory Committee or with event planning. We do take student placements. Call the office at 613-345-3881 or toll free at 1-800-567-7415 for more information.
Additional F.A.Q about Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence can be found here